Microsoft Office Word is a very useful application for different kind of users and it is widely used all over the globe to write and save the documents easily. A Microsoft Office Word document is generally saved in .docx (Word document), .docm (Macro enabled Word document), .dotx (a Word template), .dotb (MS Word binary file), .dotm formats. There comes some situation that your Word file gets corrupted or you are unable to open the Word 2003 document.
If you have been working on a Word document since a long time and suddenly become corrupt or not readable, then that situation will drape you like anything. There can be several reasons which may lead to Word file corruption which in the end causes data loss.
Reasons behind Word document damage are:
- If you re-install the Operating System then the existing Word files may get corrupt.
- Unexpected modification or alterations that occur in a document due to CRC error can damage a Word document.
- Inaccessibility of MS Word application caused due to Microsoft Word application upgrade.
- Removal of external storage devices from your computer while you were transferring the files from your Windows system to portable devices or vice versa.
- If you are not having power backup then abrupt shutdown of the system caused due to power failure may lead to major corruption of your MS Word document.
- A macro virus will place unwanted text into the file which in turn causes damage to the original content of the document.
Apart from the above mentioned reasons, factors like hardware failure, software bugs may result in Word document corruption. If the Word document in your computer becomes inaccessible don’t decide and conclude yourself that the file has been corrupted. First try these methods which may help you to fix corrupt word 2003 document.
- Try to uninstall your Microsoft Word application and reinstall it in your computer.
- Make two to three copies of that document, transfer the file into a portable device and try to open it in some other system.
- Microsoft Word program has an inbuilt feature of Repair, so try to repair the damaged document using Open and Repair option.
If you have already tried all these methods and still not able to fix corrupt word 2003 document then try Remo Repair Word that can fix any severely corrupt or damaged documents. Remo Repair has the ability to fix corrupt Word 2003 document without altering the original text in the document.
Some eye-catching features of Remo Repair Word:
- Supports all the MS Office versions like Office 2000, 2003, 2007 etc.
- This software is built with strong algorithm and user-friendly interface that allows you to fix all your corrupted Word documents without any technical assistance.
- Repairs not only the documents but also other elements like text formatting, hyperlinks, OLE objects, tables, charts etc.
- Supports all kind of Windows Operating System versions including Windows 8, Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003.
Download and install the demo version of Remo Repair Word to fix corrupt Word 2003 document. You can repair the Word document through few interactive steps. The demo version will show you the files you can be able to repair and recover using “Preview” option. Save the repaired Word documents to your Windows system as soon as repair process gets completed.