External hard drive is primarily used as auxiliary hard disk to maintain backup of your important files such as project work documents, music files, video files, etc. Sometimes when you connect your external hard drive to your Mac, it display an error message “You Need to Format the Disk in Drive”. Because the file systems of the every hard disk manages each and every record of files present on it. When they got damaged or corrupted, your files present on it are now “missing” and “not accessible”. Then you left with no option except formatting. These situations are very frustrating but do not lose hope, we will see the similar conditions and methods which are available to get your data back successfully.
Some other reasons are as follows:
- Some dangerous Virus/Malwares makes itself irreplaceable into the external storage media. And every time you connect the drive to system it spreads. Formatting that drive is necessary.
- Some advanced user specifically used it for booting a new operating system. Few problems with startup indicate boot records are modified and formatting the whole volume is required to fix it.
- Some external hard drives require formatting it in a regular interval of time for better performance.
What data recovery software can do?
In these exceptional cases Remo Recover an external hard drive data recovery software Mac can bring all the data which are lost in cases such as formatting the hard drive, accidental loss of data. But first we need to understand what is formatting. Formatting is basically removing all files and folder present on a disk. The file tables in file system are lost and files are present there but marked as “invisible”. With Remo Recover software you can get back your missing data.
Features of Remo Recover
- Can save the scanned recovery sessions.
- This software recognizes each file type by their unique signatures.
- Support for Mac File system HFS, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32 is available.
- This software is built for Mac Snow Leopard and above versions and available in Intel based or PowerPC based Mac platform.
Step by step methods to recover data:
With 4 steps you can easily recover the lost data from external hard drive in Mac.
Select: Install the software and go to the application folder, here search for Remo Recover application and execute it. Choose “Recover Volumes” and next option “Volume Recovery” from the main scr.
Scan: First connect your hard drive and from a list of all available drives select the drive in which data loss happens. The software scans all file with its deep scanning algorithm starting from each sector and never misses any entry for lost files data will finish the scan quickly.
Preview: A list will be shown by the software sort the files by picking either “Data” of “File” view. Then check for the file condition.
Save: Now save the file to a new location in a volume.
Whenever some data loss situations happen you are advised to leave the external hard disk as it is.And follow the methods which are discussed above.