Can’t open or format your pen drive when connected to Windows PC? To provide solution, go through this page and know how to open or format pen drive…
The first thing you need to consider is to try to remove your pen drive by making use of safely remove icon on the taskbar. For this, click on safely remove hardware, select your drive and click on OK. Then once again plug in the drive to check whether you can access it or not. You can also try to plug in your pen drive on another USB port. Sometimes, it might be due to the fact that your port might not work properly so plugging into another port may help you in such situation.
Sometimes, your pen drive might not be recognized / open as it is not having the drive letter assigned to it. In such case, open My computer and check whether your pen drive is displayed and showing the drive letter. If it doesn’t show then you cannot access it. To solve this issue, try the following steps:
- Click on Start
- There type Run
- type compmgmt.msc
- Then click OK
- Click on disk management
- Check whether your drive displays there and highlight it
- Then right click on your drive
- Later, select the change drive letter and paths option
- Now, assign a new drive letter and make sure the drive letter you choose is not used
- Click on OK
Another reason for not visible pen drive might be due to malware / virus. So, it is necessary to perform a full scan on your drive / computer with antivirus application. If the application tells there is no virus, then the problem is with your registry. However, by editing the filter on the registry this problem can be fixed.
Note: If you have knowledge on how to handle registry then go on else simply playing with the registry can damage your computer. Here are steps to fix registry
- Initially, click on start
- Then click on Run
- Next, type regedit and click on ok
- Once registry opens, locate the Upperfilters registry value on the following path:
- Now, right-click on the entry and select delete
- Click ok
By following the same steps as before, you can find the LowerFilters registry value by using the following path:
- First, right-click on the entry and select delete
- Then click on ok
- As both entries get deleted, close the registry editor
- Then restart your computer
- As the computer finishes starting up, try your pen drive again and check whether it works.
While following these steps to open or format your pen drive, if you come across loss of files from it then immediately stop using the drive and make use of professional recovery tool like Remo Recover software. The advanced scanning algorithm of the tool scans the entire drive to recover data from formatted pen drive in a span of minutes. The step by step procedure lets any sort of users to restore various file formats whether it’s audio, video, pictures, PDF, etc. with ease.