Generally, in these days everyone want to go for latest or updated version of older products. Likewise, computer users who are using Mac operating system in their systems want to upgrade their Mac OS to a latest one, which is Sierra.
MacOS Sierra is a latest and updated version of Mac that comes out with many handy features. Like older Mac versions, Sierra also designed and released worldwide by Apple Inc. Some users have already updated to Sierra operating system, while many are looking for ways to update to MacOS Sierra without data loss.
Well, there are few ways by which Mac users can update to MacOS Sierra without data loss, while keeping already installed files, existing data such as photos, videos, music files, documents, and many more
Easiest way for updating MacOS Sierra without losing data:
You need to keep some important points in mind, before going to update your Mac OS to Sierra
Check whether your Mac OS is available for MacOS Sierra update:
Below mentioned versions of Mac OS can run Sierra
- MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini 2010 and later versions
- MacBook, iMac 2009 and later
If your Mac machine is one among the listed Mac versions, then please follow the guidelines mentioned below to prepare your Mac system to make ready for MacOS Sierra update without data loss
Prepare your Mac machine ready for Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra update:
It is very important to note down what are the things to be done, before updating to latest MacOS Sierra. Below are few tips to be followed before updating to macOS Sierra
- Your Mac system requires a minimum of 2 GB memory and 8.8 GB storage space on your Mac hard disk drive
- At least 45% of battery is essential to be in your Mac
- Your Mac device should be connected with either internet or Wi-Fi
- Update all your Mac Apps to their latest versions
- Take a backup of all your Mac data to an external hard drive or else just create backups of all your important data through Time Machine
Now, update your Mac OS to Sierra latest version:
- First open Mac App Store -> search macOS Sierra -> then, click on download button in order to get MacOS Sierra
- Once the download process gets completed, it will automatically open macOS Sierra installer and you just have to click on Continue button
- Follow all the onscreen Mac device instructions in order to install Sierra on your Mac device
Hope, you have got all the necessary information or tips for upgrading your macOS to Sierra, and successfully updated without losing any data. If in case, the installation process gets stuck and you have not created backup of your Mac data, then you may lose all your crucial data. In such cases, just make use of Remo Recover software to recover data from failed MacOS Sierra update with great ease.